Friday, April 19, 2013

A Broke Girl's Playlist

Generally I use this blog as a platform to share practical tips and information as a service to my fellow tightwad New Yorkers. But today's post is entirely for fun. I don't consider myself a music aficionado; I'm unashamed to admit most of the music on my Ipod can be heard on any Top 40 radio station and that I enjoy a good country song on occasion...okay, almost everyday. But none-the-less, I enjoy music. They say that art imitates life so it's no surprise that songwriters pen ballads about experiences that we all go through; falling in love, breakups, and yes...being strapped for cash. In fact, I realized some of my favorite songs are about people who are strapped for cash. I decided to dive into my Itunes library and compose a playlist of my favorite finance-related songs. So here it is...

Tahlia's Broke Girl Playlist:

1. I Need A Dollar
Aloe Blacc
Not only is this a great song, but the music video makes me proud to be a struggling New Yorker.


2. Rich Girl
Gwen Stefani
Preach it sister!


3. Thrift Shop
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
I can appreciate a man who thinks $20 in his pocket is a fortune.


4. Money, Money, Money
Abba via Meryl Streep
...because no one is cooler than Meryl


5. She Works Hard for The Money
Donna Summers
This is a great auditory motivator when your dragging yourself out of bed to go to work.


6. Love Like Crazy
Lee Brice 
A great song about a self-made man.


7. Gold Digger
Gunther
I just giggle every time I hear this song.


8. Rent
The Cast of Rent
I wish I could send this MP3 to my landlord each month in lieu of a check.

9. It's All About the Benjamins
Puff Daddy
If anyone knows about money, it's Diddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment