Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Penniless Recipe: Fried Eggs and Tomato

I love thumbing through magazines like Bon Appetit, Food and Wine, and Fine Cooking to salivate over the gorgeously styled food. Seldom though do I find a recipe that A. I can afford to make and B. that I am capable of making. (Does anyone know what blanching is?). I was pleased to stumble across this recipe in Martha Stewart Living a few days ago. It's the perfect end of summer meal that only costs pennies. I tailored the recipe to feed just one person.

Here's what you'll need:

Cooking Spray
2 eggs
1 tomato
1/4 cup cheddar cheese (shredded or cubed)
Basil, Salt, Pepper

Crack the eggs in your pan. Wait until the whites are almost cooked through. Remove from stove top and top with tomatoes and cheese. Don't forget to sprinkle on your spices! Stick it in the oven on broil for a few minutes until the cheese starts to bubble. And voila, you're done!




Total cost? Not even a dollar
Total in-kitchen time? About 5 minutes
Total satisfaction? Oh, yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment