Saturday, September 1, 2012

Shopping off the Curb in NYC

Lookit what I found! While strolling around my neighborhood last night, I stumbled across this table and stool set that is perfect for my little nook of a kitchen. My roommate and I loaded it into a taxi and took the short trip back to our apartment. For the price of cab fare (six bucks!) we now have a kitchen table and stools.


Shopping off of the curb is one of the perks of living in a city where people move frequently and storage costs are at a premium. You can check the sanitation department's website to see when trash is collected in your neighborhood, if you don't already know. These are the days when you'll find discards on the sidewalk waiting to be hauled away. You'll have especially good luck if you scout out the curb towards the beginning of the month when people are moving in and out. As long as you don't have a problem coping with the fact that you have no idea what went down on that furniture before it made it into you're home, you're golden.

I can't wait to start using this frugal find! Happy hunting and let me know if any curb finds have found their way into your apartments.

No comments:

Post a Comment