Monday, September 3, 2012

Cheap DIY- Key Decoration

Since moving into my apartment last week, I've been struggling to differentiate between my building and apartment key. But I refuse to buy those overpriced "key shirts." Still, I need a way to tell my almost identical keys apart before I strip them down from using them in the wrong locks. So, I got creative. Using nail polish, I painted the heads of the keys. I also painted my mailbox key black to match. And now I have a cohesive set of keys that look cute without spending a dime. 





I took these photos a few days after painting them. As you can see they're already a little dinged up. I think I'll touch them up and then paint a layer of clear polish for extra protection. 

Yay for cute looking keys I can tell apart!

No comments:

Post a Comment