Friday, January 2, 2015

Best Affordable Yoga Studio in NYC

I recently got super into doing yoga. I had no trouble finding a yoga studio, there seems to be one on every block, but I had difficulty finding one that I felt was both well led and affordable. My options were either paying $30 for an hour long class or settling for a free one inside a dingy, sketchy studio. I was determined to find a happy medium so I tested out several different studios that offer inexpensive classes. The best one by far is Yoga to the People.



There are so many things to love about Yoga to the People.

1. All skill levels are welcome- There are beginners and people who look like they've been doing yoga all their lives. Instructors encourage participants to modify or intensify any of the poses according to their skill level. 

2. Classes all the time- there are classes all day, every day so it's easy to find one that fits into your schedule. The classes are on a first come, first serve basis and do not require registration. Classes are popular but in the few month's I've been going, I've only been to two or three class where they reached capacity. 

3. So many locations- there are five studios in NYC so it's easy to find one that's close by.

4. Most importantly for this girl...it's inexpensive. None of the classes cost more than $10 and many are donation based. You leave whatever contribution you can in a tissue box on your way out. There is absolutely no judgement! Patrons who don't want to schlep their mat (or don't have one) can rent a mat for just $2.

Check out their website for the full class schedule and enjoy zenning out without spending an arm and a leg.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Yoga to the People in any way and my opinions are entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment