Thursday, January 15, 2015

Save $1378 This Year



If you haven't heard of the 52 Week Money Challenge, get ready for your mind to be blown! The only way to save money is to make it a sustainable habit. And here's an easy way to do it.

The challenge is simple. Each week for the next year put one dollar more in savings than you did the week before. Since I'm assuming last week, you didn't put any money in savings, this week, put one dollar away. Next week, put two dollars away. On week three, put away three dollars. And continue all the way until week 52 when you will put $52 away. By the end of the year, you'll end up with almost $1400 saved. You can hold onto it, or spend it on whatever your little heart desires.The gradual increase is manageable and the most you'll ever be putting away in one week is $52...so the challenge is definitely doable. 

This printable version is the prettiest representation I've seen yet. I'm committing to the challenge and have put my chart up in my room next to a pictures of things I may want to spend the money on at year's end...a tropical vacation, a new pair of shoes, an Ipad to replace my 5 year old laptop. All three perhaps?




So what's stopping you from saving this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment