Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Japadog on the House


I was walking through Union Square the other night on my way home from work. As usual, there were a bevy of people handing out flyers on the street. Anyone who lives in New York City can attest that this is an annoyance and most people just avoid the flyer-wielding individuals. Which is what I did, until I heard one of them utter "free". My ears perked up and I immediately strolled over to one. Lo and behold, they were passing out coupons for a free hot dog at Japadog! If you're unfamiliar with Japadog, it is a restaurant that specializes in Japanese hot dogs who recently opened a branch at St. Mark's Place. With toppings like seaweed, pickled ginger, miso sauce, fried cabbage, and noodles these hot dogs are truly an Asian taste adventure. I redeemed my coupon yesterday for a Terimayo dog. Teryaki sauce, Japanese mayo, and seaweed topped the hearty beef hot dog.





Japadog is definitely not a budget restaurant. The Terimayo usually retails for $4.51 (and is the least expensive dog on the menu). But don't fret! While I was dining, I spied some of the employees organizing another stack of coupons. Head down to Union Square and you may find yourself with a free Japadog coupon! It's well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment